Breast Cancer Awareness Month
Early detection is the best defense against breast cancer
Being proactive with your preventive health screenings is more than just a "check" off your to-do list - it's peace of mind.
Early detection dramatically improves treatment success and survival rates. If breast cancer is found early, the five-year survival rate is almost 100 percent.
The 3D mammogram technology used at Grande Ronde Hospital and Clinics detects 41% more of invasive cancers, while also reducing false positive results by up to 40%.
Did you know:
- One in eight women will be diagnosed with breast cancer
- One in 1,000 men will be diagnosed with breast cancer
- There are over 3.8 million survivors of breast cancer in the United States
Ways to detect breast cancer early:
- Monthly self breast exams
- Breast exams performed by your provider
- Yearly mammograms completed after age 40
- Genetic testing
Bottom line? We provide a more accurate mammogram, for earlier detection and better survival rates — for YOU.
If you're over the age of 40, or are considered to be at high risk for breast cancer, talk to your doctor about a 3D mammogram today.
Commonly Asked Questions
GRH Oncologist & Hematologist S. Maynard Bronstein, MD, PhD, answers some of the most frequently asked questions about breast cancer and discusses the importance of early detection. Mammograms save lives.
Health care is our Mission. Patients are our Passion.