Find Our 30-Minutes-or-Less ER Service Pledge Here
Our 24-hour Emergency Services Department is designated as a Level IV Trauma Center. We have demonstrated the ability to provide Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS) prior to transfer of patients to a higher level trauma center. We provide evaluation, stabilization and diagnostic capabilities for injured patients.
Elements of Level IV Trauma Center care at Grande Ronde Hospital include:
- ATLS protocols and 24-hour laboratory coverage. Trauma nurses and physicians available upon patient arrival.
- Surgical and critical-care services as needed.
- Transfer agreements for patients requiring more comprehensive care at a Level I or a Level II Trauma Center.
- A comprehensive quality-assessment program.
- Involvement with prevention efforts with an active outreach program for referring communities.
When Is It an Emergency?
Here are a few examples of true emergency situations. Call 911 or come to our Emergency Services Department immediately if you experience:
- Chest pain or pressure
- Bleeding that does not stop with direct pressure applied
- Trouble breathing or shortness of breath
- Trouble remaining conscious
- Coughing or vomiting blood
- Sudden or severe pain
- Sudden vision changes
- Confusion or changes in mental status
- Head injuries or broken bones
- Severe eye injuries
- Suicidal or homicidal thoughts
Is There a Non-Emergency Care Alternative?
When you need health care that can't wait for an appointment with your primary care provider, you don't have to spend precious time and money in our Emergency Department. Minor mishaps, colds, flus and fevers may be treated at our Urgent Care facility located at 10303 S. Walton Rd in Island City.
Medication Guidelines for Children
Emergency Services Department
900 Sunset Drive
La Grande, OR 97850
Get driving directions and view a map