Nikolai Kane Turner was welcomed into the New Year at Grande Ronde Hospital’s Family Birthing Center on Jan. 2 at 1:58 p.m. He weighed 5 lbs. 8 oz. and measured 20 inches long.
Born to Travis and Sara Turner, La Grande, Nikolai joins a big brother, Christian and grandparents David and Becky Turner, John and Shirley Feskanich and Cathy Feskanich.
Thanks to the efforts and generous support of the Hospital Auxiliary and community businesses, Auxiliary President Kay Dick “showered” Nikolai on Monday with a treasure trove of welcome gifts to honor him.
Dick delivered two baskets overflowing with goodies that Auxiliary members had been collecting or making for several weeks.
- $20 gift card from Grocery Outlet
- $25 gift card from Albertsons
- $25 Chamber cash from Union County Chamber of Commerce
- $100 baby bucks from La Grande Downtown Development Association
- $150 Wal-Mart gift card from GRH Auxiliary
- 1 lb. coffee from Sorbenots
- Baby bracelet and engraving from Don's Jewelry
- Two large baskets from Marie Josephine's
- One case of diapers from Grande Ronde Hospital
- Teddy bear, blanket and stuffed turtle from GRH Auxiliary Gift Shop
- Quilt from Quilt Questers
- Layette from JC Penney
- Fleece quilt made by Auxiliary member Miriam Mellish
- New Year stocking crafted by the GRH Auxiliary Sewing Committee