40 hrs per week, w/Benefits
Full Time w/ Benefits
Environmental Service (EVS) Technician
All shifts available – 24/7 workforce
No Experience Required – We train
You have a place in the health care industry. There’s more to health care than IV bags and trauma rooms. We support all staff members as they find the path that is right for them. If you’re looking to leverage your abilities – you belong at Grande Ronde Hospital and Clinics. Apply today.
At Grande Ronde Hospital and Clinics, there will be exciting opportunities to be a part of the health care transformation. We are recognized nationally as one of the Top 100 of Critical Care Hospitals and are on the cutting edge of medical advances. You will work alongside a group of dedicated physicians and staff that perform some of the most state-of-the-art procedures that exist in the country.
Grande Ronde Hospital and Clinics, has a great opportunity for an EVS Technician. We are looking for hard working individuals who will be responsible for ensuring our facilities appearance is top notch. In this role, you’ll be responsible for cleaning, sanitizing, and maintaining the hospital. Our EVS Technicians are a very important part of our hospital staff. If you want to be part of a great team that makes a difference in the lives of our patients, apply today for this opportunity. Experience in either a hospital setting, or clinical environment is not required.
Your pay and benefits are important components of your journey at Grande Ronde Hospital and Clinics. A variety of benefits to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
This position performs all cleaning of patient rooms and/or assigned areas. Works as a member of the Environmental Services team to ensure the safety, health, and high morale of patients, visitors and staff by helping to provide a clean, safe, and aesthetically pleasing environment with minimal interference to others.
1. Performs a variety of assigned cleaning tasks, including dusting, mopping, scrubbing, disinfecting, vacuuming and polishing according to departmental policy and procedures. Must plan the completion of these tasks daily.
2. Empties hampers and transports of soiled linen. Empties trash containers and removes all trash. Empties all medical waste containers, including sharps.
3. Inventories, restocks and replenish supplies such as toilet tissue, paper towels, hand soap, etcetera, located in all assigned areas of the facility.
4. Maintains cleanliness of departmental equipment and notifies appropriate personnel as repairs become necessary. Protects equipment from damage by proper use; properly logs out and in equipment that has been used.
5. May perform special projects such as: windows washing, wall washing, removing heavily soiled items or furnishings.
6. Responds to questions and requests from patients, staff and visitors. Meets or exceeds goals for customer service satisfaction.
7. Under regular supervision, this position has responsibility at an assigned facility/area only. Internal customers include facility staff, physicians, nurses, patients, visitors, supervisors, managers, and executives. External customers include visitors, patients, and employees from other company and non-company facilities.
Requires the ability to work independently and as part of a team without continuous supervision. Must be able to interpret and respond to verbal and written instructions. Must be able to communicate effectively with others by phone and verbally. Must be able to read and understand material safety data sheets and instructions for mixing and use of cleaning chemicals, and able to fill out chemical identification stickers. Employees working at Grande Ronde Hospital and Clinics must have a High School or equivalent degree and possess a valid Oregon Drivers license.
Previous related experience and familiarity with environmental services equipment and cleaning techniques is preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Wednesday, April 14, 2021
Open until filledApply for this job