Fiscal Year 2014 as of April 30, 2014
Private, not-for-profit community hospital; facility opened 1966.
James A. Mattes, President/CEO
Dale Robinson, M.D., Medical Staff President, CY2014
Steven Hunsaker, M.D., Medical Staff President, CY2015
Affiliation and Accreditation
Accredited, Joint Commission of Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO), 2013
Member, Oregon Association of Hospitals & Healthcare Systems.
Member, American Hospital Association.
National And State Recognition
Visionary Application of Information Technology, Computerworld Honors Program Laureate and Health Category Finalist, (2012).
Top 100 Critical Access Hospitals, National Rural Health Association & iVantage Health Analytics, (2011).
Health Devices Achievement for Improving Healthcare Quality and Reducing Cost by Leveraging Technology, ECRI Institute (2011).
Healthcare Achievement Award for Quality in Patient Care Delivery and Satisfaction, Amerinet (2010).
Financial Excellence Award, National Rural Health Research & Policy Analysis Center (2010).
Leader in Innovative Excellence, Oregon Association of Hospitals & Health Systems (2009).
Gold Standard Critical Access Hospital, LarsenAllen LLP (2009).
Outstanding Rural Health Organization, National Rural Health Association (2009).
Phase II Consulting, Top 38 small, rural, not-for-profit hospitals (1997).
KPMG Peat Marwick, Top 50 Hospitals (1997).
Top 100 U.S. Hospitals, HCIA, Inc/Mercer Mgmt Consulting Study (1993 & 1994).
National Healthcare Design Award, Family Birthing Center (1992).
Grande Ronde Hospital, Inc.
Grande Ronde Hospital Auxiliary
Grande Ronde Hospital Medical Staff
Grande Ronde Hospital Foundation, Inc.
Union County Hospital Facility Authority, Inc.
Employees (as of April 30, 2014)
Nursing Staff Continuing Education
Utilization (Fiscal Year 2014)
Professional Staff (As of April 30, 2014)
Facilities & Services
24-hour Emergency Department—Level IV trauma care.
Full Time Hospitalist Coverage (Primary Care)
ICU/CCU (four-bed unit).
18 ICU Intensivists on staff
Full Time Intensivist Support, Telemedicine Consultations
Medical/Surgical Unit (17-bed unit), including pediatric inpatient care with the ability to swing patients to skilled nursing care.
Family Birthing Center (four-bed unit).
- Birthing Rooms.
- Postpartum Care.
- (1) C-Section Suite.
- Newborn and Isolation Nurseries.
- NeoNatology Telemedicine Support
- (3) Operating Suites.
- (1) Urology Suite.
- (1) Minimally Invasive Surgical Suite
- KTP/YAG Laser.
- Mobile Lithotripter.
- Mobile Lasertripter.
- Computer Assisted Total Joint Surgery.
- Ambulatory SurgiCenter for Short-Stay Surgical Procedures, Pre-Admission Testing and Hi-Definition Video Endoscopy.
- Outpatient Chemotherapy and Hematology Clinic.
- Ambulatory Infusion Program.
Diagnostic Imaging Services
- Digital X-ray.
- Digital Mammography/CAD.
- MRI 3T
- Nuclear Medicine.
- DEXA Scanning.
- Stereotactic Breast Biopsy
Respiratory Care Services.
- Cardiac Stress Testing.
- Stress Echocardiography.
- Echocardiography (Pediatric and Adult)
- Electrocardiography (ECG-Pediatric and Adult)
- Electroencephalography (EEG-Pediatric and Adult)
- Holter Scanning & Event Recorder Cardiac Monitoring.
- Pulmonary Function Testing.
- Routine and Emergent Respiratory Care.
Sleep Disorder Services.
- Polysomnography-Basline PSG
- Split Night Sleep Study (PSG with PAP Titration, if indicated)
- PAP/BiLevel/ASV Titration Studies.
- Multiple Sleep Latency (MSLT Studies.
- Home Sleep Testing.
- Sleep Disorder Consultations and Follow-Up
Home Care Services
- Home Health Transitional Care Nursing and Rehab.
- RNs, LPNs, PT, OT, MSW, CNAs and Spiritual Care.
- Hospice - End of Life Comfort Care.
- Community Foot Clinic Services.
Clinical Lab Services
Regional Pathology Lab Services
Rehabilitation Therapy Services.
- Physical Therapy
- Occupational Therapy.
- Speech and Language Pathologist.
- Public Education Programs/Lectures
- Community Health Screenings
- CPR Classes
- Group Tours for all age groups
- Childbirth Education Classes
- Professional C.E. Courses
- Receive Site for Satellite Programs
- Diabetes Support/Self-Help Group
- Sleep Apnea Support/Self-Help Group
- Healthcare Career Shadowing and school presentations
- Speaker’s Bureau on Healthcare Topics
- Registered Dietitian Nutritionist.
- Licensed and Certified Diabetes Educator.
- Outpatient Nutrition Counseling.
- Outpatient Diabetes Education by Certified Diabetes Educators
- MedLine Database Access.
- GRH Children’s Clinic.
- GRH Women’s Clinic.
- GRH Regional Medical Clinic.
- GRH Regional Hematology and Oncology Clinic.
- GRH Regional Orthopedic Clinic.
- GRH Regional ENT Clinic.
- Specialty Clinics, including the Shriner’s Outreach Clinic.